How to Make & Wear a
Rockmount Bandana Face Mask
we’ve got more livin to do #BobbyBanditoPosted by Matthew McConaughey on Monday, April 13, 2020
Bandanas are a stylish touch but be clear bandanas mitigate, do not eliminate. Do what you can and be cool with a Rockmount USA bandana which supports a small family business, too!
According to the CDC guidelines, homemade cloth face coverings should be worn in public, to help slow the spread of the virus.
The simplest option is to fold the bandana diagonally so that it is 5" wide to cover from the bridge of your nose to you chin. (Fold it lengthwise a few times so that you have multiple layers of fabric over your nose and mouth.) Then tie a knot at the back of the neck to make it snug.
Another simple option is with hair ties, rubber bands or elastic:
- Rockmount Bandana 22x22" or silk scarf 36x36"
- 2 hair ties, or rubber bands or elastic
Follow These Steps (from the CDC):
1. Open and lay your bandana or fabric on a flat surface. Then fold bandana in large folds, approximately five or six inches deep.
2. Place elastic bands on each end of folded bandana, with about an eight-inch space in the center, between the bands.
3. Turn ends in towards the center of the folded bandana and then place one end into the other, pocketing one end into the folds of the other.
4. Position elastic bands at the edges so they can wrap around your ears and hold the mask in place.